FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Europe
Old Feb 10, 2020, 4:18 pm
mjbdiamond

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Close2KADS
I found the Hilton Brussels Grand Place to be a very hospitable property. Brussels itself, IMHO, is underappreciated. And the property is adjacent to Brussels Central Train Station, making day trips to Bruges, Ghent, Leuven, and even Amsterdam very convenient. There are also direct TGV trains daily between Brussels and CDG.
That looks a very nice property and I've heard good things about Brussels. did you get treated well in terms of upgrades? Also thoughts on the lounge?

Originally Posted by wizla
I will throw this one in - GREENWICH, LONDON .

I’m not as well traveled as some on here but this is my favourite place ever.
Book yourself a river view room with balcony at the Doubletree docklands riverside and take the ferry across to Canary Wharf pier then get a clipper to Greenwich ( takes about 10 mins and is fun ) .
Greenwich is simply a lovely little old untouched part of the outskirts of London with loads of history, great restaurants and food markets........ there is also some great old English pubs along the river path with great views across the river ....... to be honest to be on the outside terrace of the cutty sark tavern with a glass of wine in the summertime, at sunset overlooking the river Thames is possibly my most favourite place in the uk.
Will agree with you regarding the DT docklands, great views from the room and the ferry is always enjoyable, sadly I'm local so not as appealing for a 5 day break!

Originally Posted by LostInAmerica
One place that is a little off the beaten path, but hardly unknown, is Carcassonne, France. Absolutely stunning medieval walled city. Decent Doubletree roughly midway between the train station and the old city. Booked a standard room with points and as a diamond was upgraded to a junior suite with a view of the old city. We were there for 2 days last year and that was about right.
Can honestly say i've never heard of there, but that is one of the most incredible looking places I've ever seen. I will definitely look into staying at the DT there, can I ask how you got to Carcassonne? As it seems close to Toulose and Montpellier so wondering if there are any good transport links in?

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 12, 2020 at 8:14 pm Reason: Consolidation.