FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:52 pm
LoganFlyer

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
I'm trying to understand what happens if you don't make it all the way to the top status you're trying to reclaim. I started this program last October when I was a PM; DL gave me a chance to reclaim Diamond, since I was diamond in all of 2018. I didn't make it to the DM threshold in the three months, but I did make the PM threshold of 18,750 MQMs. By my understanding of the Reclaim my Status (RMS) program, whatever status you reach in those three months should be good for the rest of that year and all of the next year. However, DL is now showing my status as gold. When I called, the rep contacted the SkyMiles desk, which said that because I didn't make it all the way to Diamond, RMS didn't count at all, and thus I only have the status I earned based on my MQMs for calendar year 2019, which was between 50,000 and 75,000. I tried arguing based on this clause on the RMS FAQs:

Originally Posted by dl.com
Can I earn a different Medallion Status than I earned last year?
As another example, if you previously had Gold Medallion Status, and at the end of your complimentary three months of Gold Medallion Status, you have only met the thresholds for Silver Medallion Status, you will be given Silver Medallion Status for that year and the following year.
That tells me that if you don't make it to the maximum medallion level you "challenged" to, you still get to keep whatever you did make. I tried arguing that on the phone to no avail. Who's right? Should I be Platinum because I made it that far in RMS or Gold because I didn't make it all the way to the top and so RMS didn't count?