FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seatmate cleaned MY seat!
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:26 pm
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by Badenoch
I had something similar happen when a woman beside me pulled out wet wipes and began maniacally wiping down everything around her including the opposite arm rest, inflight magazine, safety card, tray table, IFE screen. She then politely asked me to lift my arm to wipe to down the shared armrest to which I agreed. I drew the line when she wanted to wipe MY tray and screen too.

The remark to the OP by the woman's husband suggests this is pattern behavior and not a response to coronavirus. Anyone who would scrub down a seat going from Newark to Fort Lauderdale due to a virus in China should fall into the category of mentally unbalanced.
I'd be more than happy to let a stranger (unless he/she looks like a total weirdo and uses weird stuff to clean/wipe) clean up my seat, considering how many germs are travelling on aircrafts.

Knowing how easy it's for a common cold to spread around (or worse.. American H1N1 flu killed hundredthousands in it's first season and keeps killing tenthousands every season, but is now considered "part of seasonal flu" due to the failure to confine it originally.

Media one-way reporting.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...-pandemic.html