FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta/Qatar Airways Interline Checked Bag Policy
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:54 am
LondonElite
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Jeremy3292
Disclaimer: Yes, I already did a search and could not find the answer.

Route: GSP>ATL>DOH>COK; MAA>DOH>ATL>GSP

I am flying to India for work in May via Qatar Airways through Atlanta. My home airport is GSP so in order to get to Atlanta for the Qatar Airways flights, I have to book a GSP>ATL round trip ticket through Delta. However, since I am booking this through Concur (a travel agent), it is one itinerary and not separate tickets.

Delta and Qatar are obviously not partners so my question is, will Delta check my bags all the way through to India since it is one itinerary? Or will I have to recheck them in Atlanta and then go back through security?
I doubt you have one ticket. I suspect you have one PNR with several tickets. As noted, DL and QR do not have an interline agreement. I would check with concur whether you are protected on the full itinerary.

Originally Posted by Jeremy3292
So you have to go outside of security to get bags, check them, and then go back through security? Or is there another way to do this behind security?
Yes, you will have to go out to collect your bags and re-check again. You will need to factor this in to your timings. How much time do you have?