FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CW pricing to NY looks crazy
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:46 am
St Elmos Fire

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by jay121
Hi guys,

I'm supposed to be going on my first transatlantic business trip in March to NYC (very excited). My company has a PE travel policy for my level but my boss gets to go J was hoping to try and play the oh lets go on the same flight trick and see if travel will put us together. Anyway I was looking at flights and it looks like £500 is for pe which seems a bit cheaper than standard then I had a look at CW and it is 6k for the first and second week of march.

I know tickets go up with short notice but this is crazy isn't it? I went in September last year with my gf and we spent 1k each in the sale I would've though 2-3k would be normal. All other OW airlines seems to be same as well as KLM air france etc am I missing something?
Our corporate TA frequently obtains "bespoke" fares from BA and other airlines which can be very different to the "Google Flights" price, i.e. the public fares. They are often no different but it's worth asking your TA or travel department for a quote for the flight in question, then argue with your travel approver later.

Last edited by St Elmos Fire; Feb 10, 2020 at 10:08 am