FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on traveling by train vs. plane
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:57 am
Nayli

Thoughts on traveling by train vs. plane

Hello, all. I'm working out the details of a longish trip to Europe this summer. Most of the itinerary is worked out, but I have about a week to work my way from Barcelona to Warsaw, which I have decided to spend mostly in Amsterdam, though I would also like to visit Bruges and, if possible, Ghent.

I am debating whether to take trains for planes. As far as I can tell, after factoring in security screening and transportation to and from the airports, the Barcelona–Bruges (Brussels) leg of the trip will not take much longer by train and should be very scenic. Am I right about this, and if you're familiar with the journey, would you recommend going by train or plane?

Also debating taking the train from Amsterdam to Warsaw (I will be visiting Berlin later in the trip so do not need to stop there en route). I have ancestry in the region so thought it would be interesting to at least have a chance to see the countryside...but it's quite a long trip, and perhaps my time would be better spent flying to Warsaw and spending the extra time there?