FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Hotel at CDG Airport
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:49 pm
John Chiefsofstaff

Programs: QRPC Europium
Pullman Hotel at CDG Airport

Check In The experience was disastrous. The female clerck was all smile and nice but really incompetent.First, she could not take my AMEX at her check-in station and we had to wait for the other receptionnist to process the AMEX, but he was superbusy with a full Air Austral crew which arrived soon after me. Then, she told me I had been upgraded due to my Platinum statuts with Accor, but tempered this by saying that the room was not ready (It was around 21h) and she suggested that I go to the bar and have a free drink while the room situation was taken care off and she would then come fetch me to give me the keys.45 minutes elapsed. Nothing happened. I saw throngs of people checking-in and no one came to me so I returned to the check-in counter and a male agent told me that there was still no news about my upgraded room. He asked if I was willing to forgo the upgrade and go to a standard room. I immediately accepted, it was late, I was tired. He asked me if I would be using room service and implied that it could be complementary as a service recovery. The female receptionnist with whom I interacted previously made a brief apparition but appeared embarassed and avoided visual (and verbal) contact with me. Room A standard room for this kind of hotel. Comfortable, clean, and a good bathroom with all the amenities required.Minibar with outrageous prices, which is a fact of life among all hotel chains. Service Overall very mediocre. Between the incompetence of one receptionnist to the indifference of the other, The experience was really trying.I had paid for a late check-out at 16h but the maid rang at 15h to inquire about my leaving. When informed about the late check-out, she whined that she had not been informed. Dining With dining, I reached the bottom of the abyss. Due to high prices and experiences with overly complex dishes that revealed themselves to be duds, I chose a pizza Margeritha, thinking that it was hard to miss. I have never eaten such a disgusting, low quality dish. The crust was soggy, the tomato sauce acidic and there was very little mozarella on top. I ate just a few bites and decided to go to bed with an almost empty stomach. Location Well located at Roissypole in the center of the airport.Very easy access from all terminal by using the intra-terminal train (CDGVAL). Overall This hotel is a sham. It looks very nice on the outside and the interior is congruent with its status as a 5 stars hotel. But so many things degrade the experience.Long wait for checking-in, inability to keep you informed in case of delay to give you the key to your room, receptionnists who are incompetent or efficient but indifferent, upgrade granted and finally rescinded because of "difficulty contacting the maids" to check on the room status. As an aside, the secong check-in agent did imply that a service recovery would be granted in the form of a free room service: in the end, it did not.Dining was the worst. I can't even figure it out that a 5 stars hotels dare to offer such disgusting food.Unfortunately, for Accor status members, there is very little choice at CGD. The Ibis is, well, an Ibis. The Novotel is in an old refurbished building and is unpleasant as a guess.