FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alternative options KUL - LHR ?
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:11 am
minizian

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
I always had impression that Mat Salleh/Angmo/Guailo Airline are not as customer oriented vs Asian Airlines especially toward Asian pax.

I not sure if Philippines Airlines have connectivity to Europe (knowing they are more promoting to US). A friend of mine booked PAL to Narita via Manila but got into total mess as he got email from Customer Service informed him to board the next day due to schedule change. The next day he went to airport was told why he did not show up on the flight which was as per scheduled (contradicting info from customer service) and his itin went down the drain and need to buy whole trip again. Not sure if he able to get refund as per original email from customer service team.

End up he fly to japan via MH at an expensive last minutes fare

To TS, do you have concern about getting the Elite Points to level up in Enrich when sitting on other airlines? I would prefer stick to MH and go up to enrich Gold/Platinum then only think about this option

Like what @mr_botak have mentioned, it is better than to have direct flight then having some connectivity on another city which exposes risk of sheet hitting the fan.