FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK NOT waiving fees for US flights due to Coronavirus
Old Feb 9, 2020, 2:20 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by big69bob
My point is that EK is offering completely free changes only for “select destinations” only and that’s not fair. Outside China the whole world Is affected equally.
  • Reroute to select destinations free of charge for outbound travel up to 31 March. Selected destinations are Dubai, Denpasar, Phuket, Manila, Cebu, Clark, Bangkok, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Saigon, Jakarta, Taipei, Mauritius, Seychelles, Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, Casablanca, Tunis, Addis Ababa, Johannesburg, Durban and Cape Town.
    Yeah I’ll never go on a cruise again that I don’t book through the cruise line. Didn’t because we’re doing an EK special 2 day stop in Dubai in the way.
    original tickets were 9K more or less so I’m not paying 8 grand more to change.
  • Cruise line is offering only $500pp towards changes.
  • Yes FLL-DXB is 2-2-2 business.
I think you've misunderstood this. The key word here is "outbound". If your outbound flight is to an affected area in China, you can reroute to those destinations listed.

Why can't just just get a cheap flight from HND to HKG, and get your original flight back to FLL?