FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Likelihood of SIN waiver?
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2020, 11:54 pm
LTN Phobia
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Lussac
I've asked this question too but with zero response. We are due to fly AKL-SIN-ZRH-ARL at the end of March with a week in SIN but with the number of cases growing daily we are now really worried about routing through SIN and staying over as there's no telling how the number of cases is going to expand. I know it's still 6 weeks away but plans need to be made, I don't want to get to one week away and be told that routing through SIN is no longer possible due to the threat level. Also, if the threat level increases then the final destination countries may well institute measures to restrict arrivals from SIN.
Given most cases in Singapore are from known clusters, I suspect things will become clearer in about a week or two, as to whether the spread has been properly contained or not.
If DORSCON gets upgraded further, I'm fairly certain SQ will start offering flexibility for SIN stopovers etc. If the destination country starts implementing restrictions, you should be able to negotiate with SQ even if SQ hasn't introduced a widespread flexibility policy, and/or be covered by your travel insurance to make changes.