Old Feb 8, 20, 7:27 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold
I have four am ex cards. The Hilton Aspire, A DL business reserve, a DL personal resere and a regular Am Ex platinum.

Definitely getting rid of the Platinum when it's up for renewal. Main reason I got it was for Centurion lounge access in LAS and for Delta Skyclub access when I was between cards. I used to start out each year with two platinums and put in the $50K spend for MQM boosts and then upgrade and put in $60K on each for the MQM boosts and downgrade before 1/1. Now that we get four boosts on the reserve, no need to do that and I'll have Skyclub access all the time since I'll always have a reserve. With the enhancement of allowing access to the Centurion lounge when flying Delta is another reason to pitch the card. The $100 annual fee increase is well worth it for me on the delta cards but the benefits I have remaining on the Platinum card aren't worth it.

keeping the Hilton card is a no brainer for me. I'm still able to use the $200 airline credit, I go to vegas a lot and the $250 resort credit can be used against the room rate at any Hilton in LAS and I always get at least $350 out of the hotel night. Even if they close the airline credit loopholes, I'm stil getting more than $450 a year in benefits. And all the bonus points at Hilton is nice, just wish they would offer another benefit to cardholders who earn diamond on their own like a second free night since we aren't benefiting from the status and if anything having our upgrades diluted due to all the new diamonds.