FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines Fleet Updates [2020 Edition]
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:08 pm
LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Yes, they are still the old sCO birds, and they are as tired as one could imagine. That said, I would ride the 752 if you are in Y.
They have to be the ex-CO 757 variant. There are only 13-14 sUA 757 left and they are on EWR/BOS-SFO and EWR-LAX mainly.

That said, the sCO 757s (IIRC, 40 because one was permanently written off beyond repair at EWR last summer after the landing gear and part of the frame gave out during a rough landing) are in the middle of getting a refresh with new Y seats, AVOD, and recovered J seats. I saw a few photos on another website and they look OK, but for whatever reason didn't decide to replace the ceiling panels (a pet peeve of mine) which is an easy oversight that makes the interiors look dated. If you get on one of these, it's easily a massive upgrade for Y pax but nothing special for the J cabin. Of course they're also better for the crew as they got new jump seats, placards, curtains, carpets etc.