FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best *A FFP to Credit SQ Business Class Flights
Old Feb 8, 2020, 7:15 am
CommittedLurker

Programs: SQ PPS SOLITAIRE, AA ,HHONOR GOLD, BONVOY GOLD, IHG PLAT
Originally Posted by rbAA
I live in BKK, so I'm used to having to stop somewhere to get back to the US, and have tried just about everything, even QF SIN-SYD-LAX (OK, so that also was for requal on AS MVPG75k.) Or Austrian via VIE, with a 2 week European vacation. They were very nice.
UA J seats suck. There's a metal tube that houses seat controls or something that runs along the side of the seat or below the window and cuts right into my back making the seat narrower and uncomfortable, and once I had a tray table placed where it cut into my knees/legs. Plus, there really isn't anything special about their food and service.

It's amazing that none of the Euro zone carriers have a CCU flight.
UA will be a one time RT only. I don't want to commit to flying with them regardless of seat/food - which was never great to begin with (though the newly introduced 1/2/1 Polaris seats do look nice). The American carriers (all of them) have started/cancelled service to India several times. They start service, and then after a few years they end up cancelling for whatever reason. In contrast, the European and Asian carriers generally don't do that.

There isn't enough traffic/yield for European carriers to CCU. BA had a flight for years that was cancelled when LH came in. LH left once EK came in. Now with EK, QR, and EY there, I don't think any European carrier will ever think of coming back.