Old Feb 8, 20, 6:55 am
Superjeff

Programs: American, Delta, United, Southwest, Marriott, HIlton, Sheraton, Hyatt, Avis, Hertz, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
You have seven Amex cards? Seriously? It would hurt my head too much to think about which one to use for what. I can't imagine the time and effort to keep all this up makes much effective difference, but I'm happy with my one Amex card.
I'm like you. I have the Amex Platinum for (a) Centurion Lounge / Delta SkyClubs / Priority Pass, Marriott Gold (I actually earned that with Marriott last year, but I'm not traveling as much this year), Hilton Gold (I lost that to Silver last year, so it is a help). I have the Chase Saphire Reserve for primary auto insurance coverage; otherwise that pretty much overlaps Amex for everything else. Get enough value from the Amex to outweigh the fee; and keep the Chase because I've had it since before I upgraded from Gold to Plat Amex. I think the only thing you really lose with only a Plat, Gold, or Green Amex is the ability to carry a balance, and that isn't something I need..