FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade cleared after pushback, denied seat change
Old Feb 7, 2020, 4:40 pm
MCO Flyer

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Fes426
On a recent flight (granted a short flight <700 miles), I thought I had missed the upgrade by one seat but after pushback and on our way to the gate I noticed I had cleared the upgrade list and my boarding pass now said seat 1C

Since we were on an active taxiway, I did not get up right away to move. I waited until we were up in the air and informed the FA of my boarding pass saying 1C. She said she couldn’t allow me to move up because she wasn’t authorized (I can understand there’s some security concerns here) and that the decision should have been made from the ground staff.

I didn’t complain or make a fuzz. Just went back to my seat and enjoyed the rest of the hour and a half flight. She did say as I was leaving the plane later that I should file a report.... anyone know where I can do this? And what appropriate compensation would be?
I would have asked the FA to check her “SkyPro” (phone). The FAs don’t have access to the UG list on it, but they should easily be able to look at each F seat and see each PAX data and verify that it was your new seat.

Originally Posted by Fishwiz
That's a bummer. Is there any way to know exactly when the upgrade cleared? Usually they clear everything prior to boarding completion, right?
Perhaps the GA processed the UG before the boarding door shut, and potentially thought there wouldn’t be enough time to go back and get the UG, so they just left it be.