FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best *A FFP to Credit SQ Business Class Flights
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:37 am
rbAA

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by CommittedLurker
Hello:

I travel about 9 RT's a year between SFO-CCU currently all in Business Class on CX/KA. CX service is mediocre at best, and KA between HKG-CCU-HKG is worse than US domestic first class. I am looking to switch to SQ seeing how their intra-asia flights in particular are so much better than KA.

The coronavirus issue is also prompting me to change, as Cathay is only allowing changes to flights up June 30th, and no refunds while transiting through HKG. This is especially worrisome to me since I have read that there is massive movement of mainland Chinese into HKG even now. Supposedly, the closure of a few border crossings is in name only. The main points are still open with massive numbers coming over each day).

I am wondering which FFP to credit to ? My priorities are decent award availability and reasonable mileage costs/award fees. Most of my award travel would be on UA/SQ/TG I think.

My FFP address can be US or India

I would appreciate your help. Thanks
Seems you're also AA EXP, and probably flying (or driving) to SFO from SMF(???) so why not try QR out of LAX. Their LAX-DOH-CCU is a one stop like SQ, plus about the same distance.The Q Suites are great, and it would be a stop in DOH at a very decent lounge. The RDM earning is great for the AA program and you'd easily requalify. The schedule is not the greatest though as it looks like a 2am arrival, though the CX options were not much better. The SQ intra Asia flights would be fine if you can get the A350 as the seats are wider than most, but GF is showing a SilkAir 737 or a 12 to 15 hr layover in SIN (well worse things could happen to you,) so, I'd pass on that. It's a longer flight thru SIN, and the lounge situation doesn't appear so great, as you wouldn't get the FC lounge access.The business and *A Gold lounges are not quite so good at SIN. I like the QR DOH lounge better. Emirates also would be a one-stop but their J seats are narrower, and going thru DXB...Well it depends on what you like. The only other one-stop option is Air India SFO-DEL-CCU which is also *A, but, well it's Air India, so maybe a little chaotic possibly.
Or, do a RTW to try a couple different alternatives and settle in on a winner. I do love the QF FC lounge at LAX, so I know what I'd choose. But, if you do SQ, look at AS mileage earning as 9 RT's in lowest business should generate about 650,000 RDM's including the MVPG75k bonuses (you can status match from your AA to AS,) and AS has pretty nice inventory of SQ J awards.