FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club impossible to contact them via phone
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:08 pm
ermen

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by QRC3288
I confirm that once I got through to the 8888 number, it took me <5 minutes to reach a rep (as a Diamond). I will add though, it might’ve taken me 10 or so times on three different instances dialing the number to actually get it to go through, instead of just hanging up like it does when it’s super busy. Clearly they are swamped.

Unfortunately, MPC couldn’t solve my complicated ticketing query, and could only recommend I call the 3333 number. Which they couldn’t transfer me to (as indicated above), either so I had to hang up and dial it myself.

And then upon dialing 3333, I couldn’t get through to the first 5+ attempts. However, I think on the 6th or 7th attempt I got through! Waited about 15 minutes after entering my MPC number and talked to an agent.

I think the lesson here is just keep trying and trying and trying. Being an MPC member a long time I am used to just trying again and again and eventually you get through on busy times. But for people not accustomed to this, I could see how they think they’re screwed and totally panic after 2-3x attempts fail.

Also, without a doubt being a Diamond right now has great value Just to drastically cut down your call time. (Although I’m not sure it is worth getting very excited about this Given the situation!)
i had to try 20 times for the AM number...