FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-NRT-MNL-CEB. Baggage through check in MNL?
Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:14 am
fgirard

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by musashino22
Remember JL flight lands at T1 while PR domestic is at T2. Currently some PR Int'l flights land at T1 and for those who have domestic connections with PR, they can hand over there luggage to the PR desk at the end of the right most baggage carousel (not sure if No. 1 or 6).
You first need to pick up your luggage from the baggage carousel and hand it over to PR staff before you leave customs.

Now if their staff is knowledgeable and your luggage is tagged all the way to Cebu, they should accept this and for domestic flights, I am afraid PR baggage allowance rules will be applied to you as I have seen them weighing passengers' luggage most times before loading for domestic terminal and PR's partner is NH and not JL. Cost of excess luggage is 200PhP / kg or approx U$4/kg. If you think you will go beyond the allowed limit - either 10kg or 20kg depending on booking class, try buying prepaid baggage online 4 hrs before flight via the PR website by entering your reservation number. It is 80% cheaper where 10kg would only cost 400PhP, while 20kg = 900PhP.

Also, ask if you can get on the free shuttle between T1 and T2 exclusive for incoming PR to PR domestic passengers so that you don't have to get out of the terminal to take the P2P Bus or Grab Car to go to T2 but for this one, I am also afraid that you will not be allowed.

Goodluck and Mabuhay!
Originally Posted by JALPak
it won’t because USDOT exception applies. The first marketing carrier determines the allowances for the entire journey. But whether extra allowance for elites applies is a different story.
Thank you for the information. If PR is going to be a stickler on baggage allowances, we can have a friend of our meet us at T1 and take some bags from us as we are going to be returning to MNL in a week (after being in CEB for a week).

How is JL when it comes to issuing baggage tags on OAL though? My experience has been hit-or-miss from the US:
  • UA: did not check baggage through on to CX
  • QR: did check baggage through on GA
  • QR: did not check baggage through on SQ
  • QR: did check baggage through on MH
  • CA: did check baggage through on GA