FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Turkish at TLV. How did they get to be so successful?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:42 am
flymeoutofhere

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Many of the issues you have identified are airport issues and not TK issues.

In my experience there is always a business line available for business class passengers - though it is never marked and you have to ask about it (you'll need to be assertive).

There is no * lounge in TLV. Dan E is clearly a different beast and on most carriers websites it is clearly said that it is excluded.

TLV-IST is a short flight - I'm still surprised they send 777 and A330 on the route. Connecting to the many USA cities this is usually the best connection time and you can be assured for a real business class seat. That said, there are plenty of narrow bodies on the route. But it barely two hours flight and it is better than any other carrier from TLV (apart from Swiss and British).

It is still the best service out of TLV connecting forward, if you chose your flight strategically and understand the general limitations of TK.
I agree that it’s not entirely down to the airline but I fly 30 times a year from TLV and these are issues I only ever experienced with TK. There was simply no priority line for security - they told me they don’t have enough staff for it. It’s the airport who provides the service but other airlines have always have a local station manager or deputy present to oversee their ground handler and checkin (LH, LX, UA, AF, AC, DL, BA etc). It would never with one of the above.

Similarly most others give a lounge voucher at TLV and say which sleeve it’s valid in if there’s a limitation. ( regardless of the fact that it says on * website that E is valid for Star Gold.)

And most of the mainline airlines don’t use remote gates, they connect via jetbridge, and if it does happen (rarely) whilst there’s no separate business bus, Ive never seen them try to squeeze a whole plane into one bus (even LCC’s or domestic flights). It’s just down to the airline’s SLA and agreement with their handling agency and local/global management.

Again, there’s no need for lie flat on such a short route but when they advertise recliner seats Or better and you get middle seat blocked it’s not impressive...