FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of switching to Delta
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:24 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by tphuang
Last fall, they announced 7 new restaurants that they were planning to open up in T5 JetBlue | JetBlue Adds More Bites from the Big Apple to the T5 Menu in First Major Restaurant Update at its Home Terminal at JFK Airport
which included Shake Shack, the melt shop along with some other eateries that New Yorkers would know pretty well. Looks ilke they are really behind schedule in their construction, since none of these places seem to have opened based on what people are saying. JetBlue never seems to be able to do anything on time. But they probably had to close some of the existing restaurants while this is going on, so the food options aren't going to be great while this is going on.

Aside from that, I think it's an easy case to make that they are continuing to improve the product in many ways.
JetBlue | JetBlue Expands Its Lineup of Free Entertainment with Launch of New Onboard Content Partners
They also added showtime amongst other things to their IFE recently.

This is on top of the improved IFE you will now see on A320 phase 2 reconfig along with A220 and A321NEO.
Other than Shake Shack and Lil' Sweet Chick (which I've only heard of), I don't know any of the other places on the list. I have lived in NYC for almost 30 years. Those places sound overpriced, like most of the places in T5 currently.

W/r/t the IFE, I hesitate to call it "improved" with the loss of XM. There are now zero music-options; you can watch the map in silence if you like.

-J.