FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistent Delta Comfort+ Experiences
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:54 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dalehill
True. If you have the time, scrolling through the "Featured User Comments" can be useful (as long as you make note of posting dates). Most commenters include the seat # at the top so you can look specifically for seats you're contemplating and ignore the rest. It's time consuming and of course you have to weigh what matters to you against what matters to other people.
Fair point about the user comments supplementing the seat maps. I don't know if user submitted comments are automatically updated, but it seems that after SeatGuru was bought, they stopped reliably updating the color scheme on the maps themselves.
But also very fair point about weighing what matters to you vs. others. Here's one comment on 11A/F on the A320 (32K)
Seat 11A is a Comfort+ seat. Legroom was amazing, seat was very comfortable, and IFE was perfect. This was flight 1395 on N352NW. This seat has 2 windows, with one located by your head and one before the seat in front of you. This seat is located near the engine, just before the front of the wing, so engine sound is great too. If you are sitting in Comfort+, sit in 11A or across in 11F.

Whereas I think I posted upthread that the positioning of the window had my shoulder against the sidewall so it was not particularly comfortable. A smaller passenger probably wouldn't have noticed.