FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting a prescription medication filled at FRA
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:41 pm
Often1
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by fassy
Well, there was a time UK was in the EU...(*) and in the EU prescription from any physician can be used in any pharmacy. The only issue could be, that in the country you try to get the medication, they won't carry it. But then they usually would find a suitable alternative.

See here: https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizen...s/index_en.htm

(*) which means, this - at least officially - seized to be in effect for UK docs or UK pharmacies. Same as the One Stop Security agreement, I guess there are soooooo many agreements which are now void and nobody really realizes this until hit by it.

Like said, just visit the medical care center in FRA. If it is just getting a prescription for some more or less common condition, they can issue a prescription in 5 minutes. Best bring a letter from your doc. Or have them call.

Wouldn't advise this. First, you have to clear it through customs which for prescription drugs is a mess as a private person. And also you run into risk of trafficking controlled substances.
Please read what I wrote.Specifically the part where I note that this is dependent on the specific medicine.

Why do you presuppose that OP's prescription is for a controlled substance (or at least a Schedule II or III)?

It may or may not be possible on the facts o OP's situation, but fear-mongering is the wrong way to go when you do not have the facts.