FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do United executives know that nobody like the angled Polaris business class seat?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 4:41 am
Vangrovsky

Do United executives know that nobody like the angled Polaris business class seat?

Do United executives know that nobody like the angled Polaris business class seat?

On my last 4 12 to 14-hour long haul flights on 777-300ER and 777-200, all the remaining seats on day of departure were angled seats.

My next flight coming up this week, there are 24 unassigned seats on the seat map. Again. all 24 are angled seats.(either next to the window or in the middle)

I don't think I've met anybody who deliberated picked an angled seat. They kind of just "settle" for those seats because, well, they are still way better than cramped E+ seats...

Kind of reminds me of my very first job many, many years ago, at a Mercedes dealership. I was still in college and worked as one of the assistants for the sales manager. We always had a couple dozen dark green Mercedes E-class(sedans and wagons). Nobody every bought them on purpose. The manager told me that he had never heard a customer asking for them in that awful green color. The dealership was either required to accept them or they came in as part of a trade with another dealership. In the end, they did sell the green Mercedes by offering bigger than usual discounts or free $800 CD changers(yes, they were that expensive back then), frequently to first-time Mercedes buyers. They had so many green ones, even us lowly assistants sometimes get to drive them to run errands and sometimes even to drive home on the weekends. I drove one back to school once and my friends said "ewwww.... why is your Mercedes in that god awful green color?" I never forgot that remark...

It was this green: https://www.benzworld.org/attachment...pm-jpg.159270/

Last edited by Vangrovsky; Feb 3, 2020 at 4:50 am