FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BR Adjusts Service/Schedule Due to Coronavirus Outbreak
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:02 pm
sfo3388

Programs: United Plat
Originally Posted by evergrn
We're supposed to fly USA>TPE>CTS (and return) this month.
The fact that BR has not yet suspended all services to the Mainland has me very concerned.
If you're following the coronavirus story, it is now known that an infected asymptomatic person can transmit the virus and that it can take up to 2 weeks for the infection to become symptomatic.
Any flight with connecting pax originating with Mainland carries some level of risk. An asymptomatic carrier could easily infect others in the cabin.

My questions are as follows:
- Generally speaking, how much of BR's TPAC pax are those originating/transiting from Mainland?
- I don't know if there are any political or philosophical factors involved, but why hasn't EVA announced suspension of all China flights yet and could you see that happening over the next week?
- Juneyao and Air China are Star. How much traffic do those carriers feed EVA's TPAC flights?
Chinese citizens are not allowed to transit in TPE. They can fly to USA via ICN or NRT but not TPE due to political reasons.

You can check how EVA cleans the cabin after each China service. (https://www.evaair.com/en-us/about-e...-2019nCoV.html). EVA also has cut many China flights.

You seem to be worried about taking EVA to CTS. Are you sure Japan is safe? There are already 20 2019-nCoV cases in Japan. Japan has the most cases outside of China so far.