FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award ticket change at the airport?
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2020, 7:13 pm
view-with-a-room

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by Chris Han
Dear all,

Not sure if anyone has had this experience.

I have a ticket (PVG - ICN - SYD) in J, which was booked via Lifemiles for OZ.
I wanted to cancel the first leg and keep the second due to what is happening in China, but Lifemiles only offers cancellation of the whole route.

I tried with my wife's ticket and checked the website every minute, but the cancelled ticket has never come back to their inventory.

Now, I am wondering if I can just go to the ICN airport before the initial boarding time at PVG, and talk with OZ to amend the schedule so that the whole ticket is not cancelled due to the no show at PVG.
(I believe it is operating carrier's responsibility once I am at the airport, isn't it?)

Is it too risky or is anyone had this experience?

Thanks for all!
The operating airline is under no obligation until after you check in. The operating airline wont allow you to check in if the itinerary isn't correct of if the immigration paperwork isn't correct. Until you check in the responsibility is yours and yours alone. No clue why Lifemiles isn't cancelling the itinerary altogether after one segment is cancelled as the itinerary isn't correct. As an example, if flights changes result in an arrival at the airport for a connect after the departure of the connecting flight. A 3 hour connection turns into a negative 1 hour connection. The booking engines cease to function after the ticket is booked and changes aren't vetted for legal connections and the like.