FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The "Please post your Accor ALL Elite experiences" 2020 master thread
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:06 am
1nfrequent

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
- Name of the hotel: Novotel Tower Bridge

- What is your ALL status? Gold

- Were you (or for multi-stayers were you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes - I'd had a poor stay there last year and been avoiding it since, but this stay did make up for it.

- Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked a standard room with queen bed. Received an Executive Room with queen bed

- How are the rooms? It was a good size room with plenty of space. I'm not a fan of the way they position the sink so it's open to the room as it means you have to twist your head to see into the mirror. But the shower was very good (water pressure excellent) and the bed was comfortable. Plus it has a really good view of the Tower of London and Tower Bridge.

- What was good and what was bad?

Good:
Upgrade and drinks voucher were waiting for me in my welcome pack without having to chase for it. Reception staff were also much more polite than on my previous stay (not exactly warm and welcoming but the civility was a big step up). I used the drinks voucher for a bottle of craft beer, which was really very good - bar staff had recommended it and I found them friendly and knowledgeable.

Bad: Nothing really although I do think the reception staff could be friendlier.

- Did you get club lounge access? How was the lounge? N/A

- What about welcome drinks, welcome amenities or any other special perks? Welcome drink voucher and free mineral water as part of the room. No other amenities offered.

- Value for $ or Vouchers? Would you return? I'd been avoiding the hotel since a previous poor stay last year (moved my business to the Doubletree and Indigo, which are both nearby) and only went this time because a client wanted a number of us in the same place. This stay was a lot better and the price for the stay was reasonable. I wouldn't have an issue with staying here again in future and it's no longer on my avoid list but I can't say that it's back in preferential spot because I've had better stays at its rivals.

1F