FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus + NH
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2020, 5:28 am
ainternational

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Tokyo has been great this weekend with fewer Chinese tourists. Less people is always good. Department stores were finally manageable again without pushing and overly loud conversations.

Clearly fewer pax coming over. I was supposed to head to PVG this week but cancelled it. Not out of fear of infection, but that the Japanese government would require NH to cancel all flights or would deny entry like the US is now doing in an unprecedented move. Further I’m going back to the US in two weeks so that would no longer be possible if I had a couple days in China.

Wonder when the Japanese government will implement what Australia and the US and others have done with the travel bans. Wonder if NH would keep flying if only Japanese citizens were allowed into the country from ex China flights.

All of this reminds me of an NH flight I took into PVG years ago during SARS, and the hazmat suited staff came into the plane on the tarmac and scanned everyone’s forehead before the plane could reach the gate to deplane. And that was on a flight INTO China at the time.

Update: Just heard on the local news that NH is cancelling most (?) China flights due to the planes being mostly empty. Wonder to what extent that is true.

Last edited by ainternational; Feb 1, 2020 at 5:48 am