FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should have gone gold mid trip but tier points not posting
Old Feb 1, 2020, 4:37 am
DYKWIA
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Also saying that I was refused Access to the Lounge at GLA when I reached Silver my app was showing more than enough Tier points but still showed Bronze I showed and explained to the Lounge Agent that I had just reached Silver and the TP's had been added but on the system I was still Bronze, But the Lounge at LGW was more understanding and let me in with the evidence I provided on the APP.
In the days before I found FlyerTalk (around 2003), I was doing a weekly commute from MAN-LHR. Despite going well over 600 points (or whatever it was then), my account didn't turn Silver. At both MAN and LHR, I was always let into the lounge when I explained.

However... it turned out that to qualify, you needed to have 4 flights of a certain fare basis - similar now to the 4 BA flights. I didn't know this, and it was only when I phoned BA to complain that they pointed this out Whoops!

Anyway, while I was on the phone, I upgraded my next flight to the correct fare code and my status changed a couple of days after that! I think it cost about £20 for the upgrade.