FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ANA (NH) Redemptions using VS Flying Club points - thread locked Sept 2022
Old Feb 1, 2020, 12:34 am
frenchie2

Originally Posted by Arbrctb
Hi,
I'm trying to book a seat on the new ANA route between ARN-HND - ExpertFlyer is showing availability but VS say they can't book yet.
Does anyone know anything about this route, and when/if these seats are likely to be bookable by VS?
I had the same problem for SFO-HND flight. Took the advice below and got it booked via SMS texting. Agent had no issue finding the seats that I wanted.

Originally Posted by skelso
Yes! Per an /r/awardtravel thread, you might have to ask them to manually search for it. Otherwise HUCA.
Thank you for the tip! I tried SMS booking and the agent was incredibly helpful and no issue at all. 30 minutes, 2 tickets changed. I am a happy camper.

Originally Posted by skelso
Specific questions:
  • MEX-NRT in Y isn't ideal. I can change this to SFO-HND F and reposition to SFO but it's going to add time and burn more cash/points. I guess I can hang out in the SFO Polaris lough. Is adding 9 hours of travel time (5 of that likely in AM Y) worth 11 hours of NH F? (Versus 14.5 hours of NH Y flying direct.)
  • The HND-SFO arrival time (16:20) likely leaves me taking a red-eye back to Houston. Anyone have a better suggestion
  • Open to any thoughts here.
What about LAX instead? Delta runs nonstop MEX-LAX, and ANA seems to have more award seats to LAX than SFO, including from NRT? if you get to LAX, both UA and AA have nonstop flight to IAH, vs in SFO only United runs nonstop to IAH. If you do stick with SFO, are there F seat on the NRT-SFO flight which arrives in the morning?