FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Europe Flights & Upgrade to Business Class
Old Jan 31, 2020, 9:41 pm
xliioper
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MNMom
Thank you for this information. I'm not familiar with the different types of fare you mentioned but I'm following what you are explaining. Would you please help clarify one thing...if I book main cabin now and should prices for business class later drop below $4000 and there are still seats left for upgrade, would my upgrade price be reflected accordingly or will booking now lock me into the $4000 price for upgrade after booking?
They would honor the new price if they open up availability for Z fares on your departure date after you purchase. There is a change fee for these fares, but if you are upgrading to a fare in a higher class of service, you can have the change fee waived by calling in (the change fee won't be waived if you attempt to make the change online). I forgot to mention Premium Select fares which are available on certain aircraft and routings. There's availability for around $2600 on your dates and these seats are considerably nicer than coach and Comfort+ seats and offer better service.

Last edited by xliioper; Jan 31, 2020 at 9:49 pm