FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crazy companion pass question.
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:39 am
ave1024

Originally Posted by synergistic
I've only changed companions once, but this version is how I understood it to work. I'm not exactly clear on whether you can pick a different 'initial' companion for the second year, or if you're stuck with your final prior year companion as your initial.
I "pick" who I want to start the calendar year with by making the change at the end of December. Obviously if you are out of changes for that year you can't do it.

I don't see why he can't book the companion fare for the child. Get a confirmation number. Then change companion to the wife. Book that and take that flight. Then change companion back. When you change companion the companion itinerary for the old companion disappears from the "your trips" portion if your account summary. However those actual confirmation numbers don't get removed from my experience. In fact when you change the companion back, those original companion confirmation numbers should reappear.

There was a time where I did this, i booked companion fares then changed companions. I forgot i had the original companion fare booked and while I eventually cancelled those fares and got the $5.60 back, it was weeks after i booked them and they were still there. The 24 hour thing is usually for duplicate itinerary, the system can easily see those. Just my two cents.