FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Bankside {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:54 pm
henry999

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
On the basis of all the encomia in this thread, Mrs999 and I recently stayed at the Hilton Bankside for the first time. We booked an ordinary room with points + cash and received a Diamond upgrade to a deluxe room. The location is interesting; it is not a part of London where we have spent much time before. All of the staff we dealt with were faultless. The executive lounge is very nice indeed. We enjoyed both the afternoon tea and the evening wine & canapes. The breakfast (we took it in the restaurant rather than the lounge) was very good. Our room itself was generally OK but there were several small things we found quite odd. (1) No European power points. Really? In a hotel with high-class pretensions? Even the Hilton Garden at Hatton Cross has these! Now, I know, I know; I do carry an adapter and, I know, I can always borrow one from the concierge. But isn't 'no bother' part of the definition of 'deluxe'? (2) No safe in the room. (3) No Nespresso (or similar) coffee machine -- just a water boiler and a couple of packets of instant coffee. That's just pathetic. I'm afraid we can't agree with those here who think that this is the best Hilton property in London and given the rates we probably won't be going back.