FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not happy! My advice solution for the late check out problems at resort
Old Jan 30, 2020, 12:50 am
Vince Chan
Suspended

Not happy! My advice solution for the late check out problems at resort

Listen Marriott management, the problem now is that elite members are very difficult to get the 4pm late check out at resorts hotel, which because of your T&C did not include it as guarantee, so that gives the hotel the opportunity to kick elite out as long as we got an upgraded room. Here is my advice to makes everyone happy:

strictly enforce 3 pm check in. The earlier check in time is 3pm. If any one had an earlier flight and need a room immediately , he got what he reserving for, if you need upgrade? Then everyone have to wait till 4 pm or later.

I don’t mind waiting for my room, I can totally accept a t standard room for rest first then moving to upgraded room late in the evening, BUT I don’t like to move rooms and luggage around on check out date to move to another room, this is really annoying.

Do you like moving packaging your luggage to another room on departure day just for 4 hours? To go downstairs to front desk, make the payment , get a new key , go upstairs again.

Today I check out at surf paradise Marriott, I used my suite night award to upgrade to executive suite, however hotel asking me to leave on 12 pm, she said guest already arrive for the suite, at 11 am! The best she can offer me is to check out at 12:30, yes, 30mins late check out! Make any sense?

And then I was moved to another room to using the 4pm late check out, which giving me the lowest floor room with bad views.

This doesn’t make much sense, when we want stay late check out, it feels like we are asking for something that is too much or something we are not entitled for, but hotel have no problem allowing guest check in at noon for a suite.

what is the problem here , no guarantee = no late check out at all at resorts, they are asking me to leave at 12 pm, and there is always a reason , based on avavbility is BS.

Last edited by Vince Chan; Jan 30, 2020 at 12:57 am