FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice re accomodations for family and more in Portugal
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:54 pm
rickg523
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhychin
Thank you all. I don't drive a manual so the rental car price is a bit high and the choices are limited but I will have to bite the bullet. @rickg, we are also planning on picking up a car on arrival and driving straight to Evora. The best price I've found is on Sixt, actually. Then we will make our way to Porto and then back to Lisbon. Since we will be moving around a bit, we will probably have to do the 2 rooms for the most part. But will look into an AirBnb for the Lisbon portion.
I also found the best price at SIXT but have read of some unpleasant service issues at the LIS office. In digging around I found Amoita was universally recommended. The prices for standard transmission vehicles isn't quite as variable as for automatics.
About renting in Lisbon,
I don't recall your dates, but it's turned out our weekend in Lisbon is during the St. Anthony's Festival. Should be fun, it's a huge street party, but I avoided properties on the ground floor right near the celebration centers in Graca, Alfama, Bica - opting for a top floor in Baixa so I can control my participation. This is an all night, noisy affair and I don't have the stamina I had in my 20's