FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2020, 11:50 am
jrl767
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
29 . (1959) Flying between Hong Kong and Mexico City has always been quite an arduous journey, but by early 1959 things are definitely looking up. There’s now a direct two stop through flight, albeit with a change of aircraft enroute at the second stop. Identify the airline, the two enroute stops and the aircraft types involved.
Originally Posted by jrl767
I think Canadian Pacific got their DC-8s fairly early, but I don’t think the first deliveries were the long-range variety ... so the jet was probably on the last part of the operation from Vancouver (YVR) to Mexico City (MEX) ... the first part of the flight included a stop at Tokyo (TYO) and would have been operated by a Britannia
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Well you're right about Canadian Pacific and the Britannia as far as Vancouver. Beyond that, we're missing an enroute stop as well as the correct aircraft type into Mexico City. This should be tap-in city for you, J...
29- well, I actually did guess the stop between HKG and YVR, and since I don't recall CP operating either the Connie or the DC-7, the default for YVR-MEX would have to be a DC-6B