FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do Jan stays add to previous year for status?
Old Jan 29, 2020, 6:19 am
Voodoo Daddy

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Let me correct that for you!

I think you are out of luck unfortunately. Everything re-sets on January 1st. Those nights will count towards 2021 status and have no impact on 2019. Your 2019 status will expire at the end of January this next year (like in 369 days). Maybe that is where the confusion is.

The status you earned in 2019 will carry through until the end of January 2021. Whatever Status you earn in 2020, if any, will carry through until the end of January 2022.

James
The OP tallied 66 nights in 2019 and was asking if January stays would result in renewing Titanium. So when Ryno referred to 2019 status, he clearly meant status earned during 2018 and his statement that the OP's titanium status will expire in a few days is correct. I fear your "correction" may give OP the incorrect impression that status earned during 2018 will continue for another year.