FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous China Waiver Policy
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:12 am
RedChili

Originally Posted by mctaste
they really should be cancelling flights out of china, not letting people bring the virus back to their home countries...
Aegean doesn't fly to China, so they can't cancel any flights to or from China.

Originally Posted by giorginho
​​​​​??
I'm sorry for everyone suffering from anything, but unless I am convinced that millions are infected (actually, with our current population numbers I would raise that up to 1 billion worldwide and that's still just 12%) with something that kills considerably more people than the "common flu", I will at most just avoid the relatively small region that's full with it and just get on with my life
In addition to the potential concern about being infected, there's also the problem of logistics inside of China. Many modes of mass transportation have been cancelled, both intercity and intra-city. If you go to China today, you may end up sitting in your hotel the entire time, unable to go anywhere. Even worse, if your airline decides to cancel flights after your arrival in China, there's no way for you to get out. You'll be stranded in China for weeks, or months, or ... nobody knows.