FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR - AMS B2B 3 days running!
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:12 am
snaxmuppet

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Most likely it will. But in my experience, I've not got great value from GUFs. More often than not a decent exEU price is cheaper in J than exUK in W. For instance, a lot of this year South Africa is £1,200.00 in J from OSL. Same flying East from OSL / ARN on Qatar. Ditto USA. So yes, £500 will be less most likely be cheaper, but you will get a lot more Avios and future Tier Points booking straight into Club with cash
Can't do ex-EU for that trip... wife will be with me and she wants direct if at all possible so I expect that we will get a bit of value from it.

Originally Posted by ratypus
maybe also try pricing this from AGP - many easy/cheap options to position to Malaga and start from there; not sure whether flight timings allow a B-2-B in Helsinki - probably not - you'd have to play around with it, or for the TPs you need perhaps a triangular route London-AGP-HEL-London is enough

Either way - that HEL-AGP leg is quite an efficient way to clock up 140 TPs in a single 4 hour flight...
More expensive from AGP!!! By the time I have positioned (either LON-HEL or AGP and with accommodation there instead of at LGW it is always £200-£300 more.

Coming to the conclusion that the AMS x 3 is a good option if not the most interesting. I would get 3 shots at the LGW lounge though and food and drink on the flights so not too bad