FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House Manchester, UK REVIEW MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 28, 2020, 1:47 am
Comatose.Captain
Suspended

Originally Posted by Markie
Prices seem very variable, I assume based on what is happening in the city.
Variability is not particularly high. Compare to the Hilton Deansgate, for example, which has considerably more variable pricing. (I recommend using Google Hotels, such a wonderful new tool.) Or compare to the Principal, which is nearby and also has prices fluctuating more strongly.

In any case, the entry-level price for the HR is now GBP 114 (member rate without breakfast). That's about GBP 30-40 higher than the floor of the rate we saw on IHG.com while it was still a CP.

And I'm talking non-sale prices. During sales, prices for the CP were as low as GBP 60. I had a stay there in September '19 which was GBP 67.20 including breakfast.

I will follow this. The Hyatt's location is pretty ideal for Manchester U. Maybe revenue management at Hyatt is playing it conservatively given the little history they've got. While it's a fact that entry-level prices have gone up, there are very few dates with peak prices (the highest I'm seeing is GBP 255 for a "member rate advance" but that's just on one day).