FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EK NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (Flame Free) 2020
Old Jan 27, 2020, 11:26 pm
Metanoia

Programs: AS MVP, EK Silver, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by iFlyMoreThanYou
I fly to the US anywhere between every week and every 3 weeks or so, and am basically jetlagged all the time. Initially staying awake before a LAX/SFO/SEA-bound flight didn't work for me either, but it works wonders for me now, so perhaps you can give it another chance.

Departing from the west coast, I do the same thing: I wake up early 2-3am the night of the departure, so I can go to sleep right after take off. I wake up 6 hours into the flight, then stay up for the remainder and then go straight to sleep after landing (7~8pm)

I find the 11am departure ex-JFK the easiest to adjust back to DXB time zone, since you arrive back in town at 7am. Sleep the last part of the flight, then after landing, go to work which will keep me awake until I go home.
That sounds painful, at my peak I was doing this trip once every couple months! Always to the west coast though.

These are good tips! I'm guessing you're more of a morning person? I wouldn't be able to go to sleep any earlier than 11pm most nights, but I guess I only sleep 5 hours before departing DXB. Just have to move it up a few hours.