FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So 360 is out - what about another tier?
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:26 am
Qwkynuf

Originally Posted by wringme
With the increasing number of Delta Million Milers out there, should there not be another tier to acknowledge those long term loyal fliers that have amassed significant mileage but cannot achieve anything above the million miler status in a single year? I have been a top tier member of the Delta Programs as long as they have had such a thing. I have 6.2MM miles but still see newbies with one or two years of Diamond tier status receive equal - or better - chance of upgrade. I believe a 'loyalty' Diamond status should be a new tier. For instance, if you have been a Diamond for 5 years strait, or have been at the top level for 'X' years, (It use to be Platinum at the top) you gain a slight advantage over the standard Diamond level.

This would show those loyal fliers that it was not always about the recent dollars but that there was some acknowledgement of what loyalty really means. It would not affect a huge number of travelers but would be another 'goal' to achieve and be one of the few award levels that did not simply come from the "what have you done for me lately" philosophy.

What would be the benefit to Delta?

We could all sit around and come up with criteria skewed in some way that it would benefit us personally, but if there's not a measurable incentive for Delta, on top of the implementation cost, why would they do it?

Edited to add: You do realize that SkyMiles isn't a loyalty program to reward past spending, right? It's a marketing program designed to drive future spend.