FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 7:54 am
fumje
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SteveHK
Interesting news letter this morning:

When you are coming in and out of EWR over the next year, you may notice a bit more activity than before – of the construction type. We’re excited to begin construction on the newest addition to our global network of award-winning United Clubs! Starting today, January 27, construction walls go up in C3 for our new EWR United Club – a sprawling space where customers will be able to relax, recharge and enjoy amazing views of Newark Liberty airport and the New York City skyline.

This multimillion-dollar space will offer travelers a best-in-class experience and is one of the many ways we're working to improve every step of the customer journey. The new Club will be located in Concourse C3, entrance near C124, and will open in 2021.

During construction, customers can continue to use existing United Club locations in Terminal C near Gates C74 and C93 and in Terminal A, Concourse A2. Our United Club locations near Gates C93 and C74 will feature an enhanced buffet offering during construction.
Throughout the process there will be instances where we need to adjust the operations, and count on your flexibility to support the terminal improvement – of which I’m going to thank you in advance for! Additional information:

· Customers originating or connecting have been informed of the pop-up closure

· Some vendors within C3 have been vacated for construction

· Gates C125 – C128 will convert to a single boarding lane and customer seating formerly located in these holdrooms will be removed for construction

· The United Tel Aviv flight has moved from gate C138 to C123

· The Mamava nursing pod currently installed at C123 has been temporarily relocated to the top of C3 across from C120

I will be sure to share updates throughout the process. While there may be some temporary challenges during construction, the end result will be a substantial gain for all of us at EWR. Thanks for your cooperation and patience through this process, and for your continued efforts to deliver a superior experience for our customers.
So it seems the new 'pop up' Club is at C93. (Aside: what a great euphamism 'pp up' is.)

And customers 'have been informed'? I await my notification.