FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PEK lounge access arriving on TG departing on CA
Old Jan 27, 2020, 3:31 am
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Silver, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
I've had a long layover in PEK many times.

The CA Arrivals Lounge is on the far right hand side of the luggage carousels. Unfortunately, in your situation it is for those arriving on CA only. (Last time I checked.) The lounge area is very basic with just some snacks and simple drinks and not much bigger than your own lounge room at home. But it does have showers. They also have some luggage lockers and they will store your hand luggage while you go into town - but be careful - it is a really complex process to get back to the arrivals lounge from landside. Perhaps there's an easier way but I had to catch the terminal train to the satellite terminal, stay on even after the guard cleared the carriage, then caught the train back to the landside section, walked past the luggage carousels then got my hand luggage before repeating the process to head back to the satellite terminal.

For your Option 2 - I haven't tried but I'd be surprised if it worked.

Option 3 - yes, 2 hours is about right.

My suggestion would be just go landside, enjoy Beijing, then grab your shower when you return to the airport.

FYI Both the Business Class Lounge and First Class Lounge are the same. I got in to the first class lounge with my business class boarding pass. I've heard my *A Gold card helped but I can't be sure. The first class lounge just seem a little less busy..