FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UInderstanding Seat Reservations on DeutschBahn
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:16 am
KayVeeBee

Originally Posted by Cloudship
This was a month ago, but the train I was supposed to be on was cancelled, the one they put me on was jam packed, didn't get a seat until 45 minutes of standing, and then it was in second when I bought a first class. Zurich was better, but didn't get the panorama car, which was moot because it was so foggy you really couldnt see much. I did get first class on that trip, though the coach was pretty old and worn.

All in all, I was unhappy with my train ride on both sections. given the astronomical price of flying I will probably end up taking the train again, but if price isn't an issue I would probably choose flying.
If you couldn't sit in first class you are due a partial refund. Did you pursue that?
Regarding the Munich to Zürich train: Yes it is currently run with EC coaches that are already a few years old. But they are perfectly fine and comfortable. (I wonder what your definition of "old and worn"is) Much better than the coach. Next year will see new trains on that route.