FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz does track where cars are placed in Ultimate Choice locations
Old Jan 26, 2020, 12:44 pm
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
Would definitely be interesting from a consumer perspective, but gets more complicated from the company's perspective. If I look at the list at 10AM and say I want car X, in space 23, how do they hold it for me until my flight arrives at 1PM? They'd have to either do something to mark it clearly that it's taken, or lock it and make me get the keys from the booth. Both take staff time, and it would certainly limit the appeal of "take anything from the XYZ section," since it would become "take anything from the XYZ section, except one of the large number of cars with an "already taken" sign on it." Plus, if my flight gets cancelled, and I don't show up, how long do you hold the car before having to go out and take off the "taken" sign?
This also wouldn’t work from a parking space perspective especially for smaller locations. The parking spot will be occupied by a vehicle for way to long for someone who may or may not show up.