FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - sCO 752s EWR-MCO
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2020, 11:16 pm
phkc070408

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Short enough turns to kill time between TATLs?
Originally Posted by dmurphynj
Exactly. You'll notice plenty of RONs (Remain Over Night) turns for the 752's at MCO as well. Gives them a chance to do maintenance work during some light downtime.
I would normally agree with this, but they do seem to spend the night there, indicting the maint. We had hoped to catch one back on our 8:55pm departure on Friday(22), but the last one departs before noon.

Originally Posted by dmurphynj
My $0.02: This worked really well when the 752's were newer. They're getting older, and maybe it's just me, but I'm finding more and more MX issues with them. Thankfully, with the pending interior refresh, I'm expecting a LOT of maintenance to be completed on them, to give us some more reliability during the push towards retirement. Gotta get several more years out of them ... Will be a *very* sad day once these workhorses leave the fleet. They've changed the industry in many ways, and left it all on the table. Best narrow body ever built, IMO.
I as well am a fan of this plane. The coziness of the small J cabin mimics the privacy of the UD on the 747s, and I am a huge fan of the sCO seat. In fact, when Mrs. and I flew LAX-EWR on a red-eye last August, we gave up the opportunity to try the Polaris Seats in the 78J to get one of these.