FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs - preview 12 May, opening 18 May 2022?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 2:46 pm
LAX_AUS_DL_FLYER
Suspended

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton HHonors, AAdvantage, Tier 8 Status - Hotel Tonight
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
I'm guessing there's a lot of star gold international economy usage so that location handles that load but the polaris had to come first in existing space to handle the mandate to rollout that product. Would be nice if they built the new one as polaris since most but not nearly all of the intl activity is on C3 and converted the old one back to a standard club.

They need another one mid C regardless. The location of Saison and Classified would be perfect for a club and actually back against the Polaris lounge. Classified is...different...I like eating there but think it and Saison are a waste of prime space that would be better utilized by a club where you can be productive. Not privy to the economics that drive it all - i'm sure Delta would have loved a Skyclub in the main dining area of JFK T4 rather than a half a mile hike down the concourse.

By the time this club opens the new terminal 1 will be about ready which from the sound of it will have direct entry to the club from security. I'd bet more mainline flights make it over there and mid C gets some of the express activity again.
Well, regardless of whatever delayed renovations UA has and hasn't done at EWR over the years, the rollout of Polaris was entirely too premature to securely get all the club issues addressed. Everyone I think knew EWR was going to be the biggest mess of them all in terms of reallocation of club space for the new lounge. In fact, I couldn't figure out at the time of why they didn't put the Polaris lounge in the C74 instead, as it needed renovations badly anyway.

I haven't been to EWR's Terminal C in a few years, but I watched a video tour of it last night on YouTube and noticed there are a lot more bars, pubs, sit down restaurants (some with a lot of space) that might be more pleasant than visiting the C74 club. Anyone look to do this or are they a zoo too?