FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas & Suggestions for Accor for Platinum & Diamond
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:52 am
starflyergold
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Here's a novel idea, look at what the competition is doing. Frankly as Platinum I am broadly fine with what they offer as long as that is indeed what is being delivered which we all know is not happening. Accor for as long as I can remember falls flat on its face when it comes to consistency. Hotels make up their own rules and find "innovative" reasons not to deliver. It is just not in Accor's culture to deliver on loyalty. And I believe this comes from the top. CEO Bazin talks about all sort of things (he's quite the vocal CEO and has managed to make Accor a much more important global player) but he is not running this ship effectively and when faced with hotel owners' opposition just caves in. This is the same CEO who does not believe in executive lounges....

Two things that are clearly missing at Platinum level and upwards: breakfast at all hotels every day (again see competition) and recognition for long term loyalty. In retrospect if I had put my loyalty into Hilton I would have been a lifetime member a long time ago. More than 10 years of Accor loyalty (from day one) and I have nothing to show for. I find this increasingly disrespectful.

Last edited by starflyergold; Jan 25, 2020 at 11:24 am