FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your Operational Upgrade Experiences 2020 /2021 & 2022 - Please Post Here
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:38 pm
techieflyer

Programs: Skywards
Thumbs up Y - J, BLR-DXB Op-up while a/c was taxiing!

Upgrade given: Y - J
Upgrade location: After the aircraft began taxi-ing! Yes!! The story in brief below.
Route: BLR - DXB
Flight number: EK569
Type of ticket: FLEX
Date of travel: 18 Jan 2020
Tier status: Gold
Tier miles to date: 70K
Skywards miles balance: 40K
Number of pax on the same PNR (Including OP): 1

18 Jan 2020
=========
Happily checked into the economy on an overbooked flight on a Flex ticket. This was a last-minute rebook via the EK Skywards line--was going back home one day earlier than planned. The PAX next to me was downgraded from J to Y due to an oversold class. I buckle up and as the gate closed, a lady shows up and politely says, "Sir, I think you are in the wrong seat," while flashing her boarding card. I show mine and we both have 21H

Not knowing what to do -- we call for help who calls a supervisor, who then takes our passports and boarding cards.

The Boeing 777 starts taxi-ing. I was pretty confident that someone was going to be seated on the jump seat in the cockpit
I and my other two co-passenger start complaining about how is this possible with two PAX with the same seat allocation. We are lining up for the runway and comes back the supervisor -- "Sir, we have moved you to the front, please follow me!"