FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - COVID19 UA-Schedule {Archive}
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:15 pm
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Taipei
At this point , it seems (who really knows) they would not care about this (Taiwan issue) when there is this far more urgent issue. I would hope UA ads PVG/SHA and PEK as the Wuhan Virus seems (I think the numbers under reported based on number of cases outside of China) spread to at least Shanghai area.
I am pretty sure that if the government tries to get into a pissing contest with foreign companies, especially ones that are NOT even majority owned by governments they have diplomatic ties with, over what is and what isn't defined as "China", they're going to get endlessly mocked by their own people on the internet. Normally they get pretty high support for the One China policy but arguing over petty crap like that when people are literally dying, there are tens of millions under quarantine, and this stuff has started to affect everyone's daily lives is probably going to get responses like "shut the hell up and focus on getting rid of the virus first".